1. Where are you from?
I was born and raised in California. I lived in Redondo Beach until 1982 and then I moved here with my Mom.
2. What is your current position at ADNPP?
I am the Assistant Director at the Allen Action Day Primary Plus.
3. How long have you been with ADNPP?
I have been with Action Day since September, 1994. I was at the El Quito School until 2005 and then I moved over to be part of the Allen School opening.
4. What is your childcare/teaching background and experience?
I started teaching while I was still in high school. I have worked with infants, two’s and three’s and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!
5. What do you like most about your job?
I like the children of course. I enjoy watching them learn and discover. I also enjoy knowing all of our families here at Allen.
6. What do you think is special about your ADNPP location?
Even though we are a big school, we feel like a small school because we know each family and give them personal service.
7. What is your favorite part of the day at ADNPP? Why?
My favorite part of the day is walking though the class rooms. I enjoy seeing all of the children playing and seeing the teachers implementing the Primary Plus philosophy. I enjoy Mandy and I worked hard to grow this school from 27 kids in 2005 to 280 children now. It really makes me feel like I have a very important job that makes a difference in the world. These children are getting a love of school and learning.
8. What is your favorite time of the year at ADNPP? Why?
The beginning of the school year is always fun. I like seeing the children in their new rooms. The holiday show is great as well. We just had our special event; Woody’s Round Up. I enjoyed seeing all of our families together and having a great time. I just enjoy it all!
9. What is the last book you read out loud?
I was in a Pre-K class in the late afternoon and I read Little Polar Bear and the Husky Pup, by Hans De Beer. Polar bears are my favorite and I enjoyed sharing this story about helping each other with the children
10. What is the last book you read to yourself?
My Sister’s Keeper.
11. What is the funniest thing a child has said to you?
I was at the grocery store on a Saturday recently and I hear a child yelling from across the store, “Ms. Loraine, Ms. Loraine.” It was one of our children from school. She ran up gave me a great big hug and said, “What are you doing here? You can’t leave the school!”
12. What do you do in your spare time?
My son plays baseball and we spend lots of time at the baseball field. My daughter and I like hiking and of course shopping!
1. Where are you from?